Why Do You Make Your Children Sexy?


Have you been in a public place lately such as an amusement park, an airport, a game resort etc.? Did you come across some of the supposedly innocent children? Did you notice how these children were dressed? Most of them, especially the girls are dressed in bum shorts, halter necks, cut off jeans, etc. One might even want to assume the clothes in themselves aren't issue per se, but the overall look of the children had me bothered as I recently paid a visit to a resort centre with my lil niece. That was definitely not the first time I noticed that...

I have equally observed how children birthday parties have turned to what could easily be called a night club for kids; Scanty clothing such as tight or very short clothes, bum shorts, long weaves, etc seemed to be the dress code.
With a glance around, the questions that popped off my mind were "what in God's world are these children wearing?" "Who on earth are their parents?" Of course the latter was more or less rhetorical as I could easily see the gorgeous women and few young men in their seats.

On many ocassions when the kids were called out to dance, I waited to hear a birthday song or at least a theme song, but to my amusement as the DJ scratched the music table, what boomed the speakers were the hit songs of the season- these songs in my opinion should be rated PG 16. But 4-6 year olds trooped to the dance floor, miming the sexually explicit songs and gyrating their bodies in the most sensual manner.

They could have given Beyonce a run for her money - you bet. They ran their hands over their bodies, shook their booties hard while their parents cheered them on. The boys had their upper shirts unbuttoned and rapped along perfectly to gangster raps while doing flawless break dance.

Those who danced like actual children were shooed off the dance floor while the lewd ones were cheered on in massive appreciation. Obviously, decency has been traded for fashion and pungency for styles and trends.
In my opinion, we need to reappraise the concept of decorum in dancing and dressing in our children.

I believe, we need to save our children from the pedophiles; the rate of child molestation/rape is at alarming rate in our neighborhoods. (I recently witnessed two occurrences of this ugly act). Even if the devil is at loose, we can help prevent or at least reduce this unscrupulous deed in our society.
I think we parents need to reevaluate the standard we set for these little ones.
Remember, parenting is one of the most honorable tasks but comes with huge responsibilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE THE BEST

SPECULATION IS ALL THEY'VE GOT ON YOU

DON'T WORRY!