CAN'T SAY SORRY FOR DOING ME

I am a dark skinned lady, a beautiful one at that and I am proud of my skin color... Imagine my shock when I met someone who thought my being dark skinned makes people uncomfortable and I should be apologetic about that instead of proud.

You know at first I was on the verge of saying am sorry if my skin color makes you uncomfortable but I had to stop myself and instead said "I am am who I am, can't be sorry for being dark skinned and I can't apologise for being me or for doing me....If you're uncomfortable, then you're your own problem...I am not your problem"

We shouldnt apologize for being who we are, not for the way we walk, talk or look like. If I am not okay with something about myself then I can decide to change but nobody will shut down my self-esteem, make me unsure of myself or  think less of myself because he or she's got issues

I know often times we overlook these things but if you have ever found yourself in a situation like I found myself it will be nice to share.

STOP! apologizing for being a woman among men, stop apologising for your dentition, the color of your eyes, stop apologising for your skin Color or your opinion, stop apologising for how you decide to handle certain situation.

STOP! APOLOGISING FOR BEING YOU or FOR DOING YOU.

(Inspired by Imole)
It's Youth Vibe with Ladoyin

Comments

Bizzyaski said…
Well said. It’s called fact

Popular posts from this blog

BE THE BEST

SPECULATION IS ALL THEY'VE GOT ON YOU

DON'T WORRY!