MAMA IS MISSING ( A Fragment of My Childhood)

There I was in my favorite aisle in our local super store somewhere on the  dusty street of old Soweto...the cookies aisle.

What could be better than wall to wall cookies?

Suddenly I looked up and realized that my mom was nowhere to be seen. 
My 4-year-old self started to freak out (as I commonly did back in those days). 
Where was she? 
She was just here. 
My head started spinning like a top as I frantically looked in all directions. 

But saw Nothing. 

Mama was nowhere to be seen. 
I felt a lump in my throat as my eyes started to fill with tears. 

Throwing down the king-size bag of Mctives biscuit (my favorite then) I started briskly walking towards the next aisle.
With each step my walk turned more into an awkward run/jog. 

Seconds later I was wizzing past the aisles looking down at them with a sniper-like intensity...just trying to catch a glimpse of mama's curly hair. 

Still nothing. 

"Ma-ma?", I said with a scared shaky little voice?

A few more aisles and still nothing. 

"MAMA?", this time a little louder. 

...No answer
...No sight of pointed nose nor chocolate skin
...Mama was nowhere to be found

I started to panic. 

My worst fear is happening. 
I'm ALL ALONE I subtly !

"MAAAAMAAAAAA!", I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice behind me calmly say,
"What are you doing? Why are you shouting?"  

Instant relief.

Ahhhh!
It was mama.

The whole fiasco had ended just as fast as it started. 

She had been there the whole time just in a different section across from the cookie aisle
Just because I didn't see her didn't mean she didn't see me. 

I wasn't alone after all and suddenly I could care less about my Mctives biscuits. (funny how quickly perspective can change huh)

------------------------------------
WHAT I'VE COME TO LEARN:
------------------------------------
It sucks to be alone. 
Don't you agree? 

When you're alone you're more vulnerable...
...more prone to make mistakes
...be taken advantage of
...robbed
...etc.
As an adult all these years later I still hate the feeling of being alone

----------------------------
HOW ABOUT YOU?
----------------------------
Have you ever felt alone like this?
There are so many twists and turns.
 But here is my message for you;

You are NOT alone.
Your Creator is Right Around The Corner

I repeat...You are not alone!

Keep Visiting For more Inspiration
And feel free to share your own experience or post a comment
CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE THE BEST

SPECULATION IS ALL THEY'VE GOT ON YOU

DON'T WORRY!